Netherlands Student Visa
Universities in the Netherlands will apply for the visa on your behalf i.e. they will take care of the major part of the visa process, if you get an admit from any university in the region, if you can show sufficient finances to study, you are almost guaranteed a study visa to study in the university of your choice.
The Schengen countries require foreigners to hold various different types of visas for study, work and tourism purposes. Studying in Holland requires an MVV Visa which allows the International student a study period of more than 3 months.
ALL ABOUT THE MVV VISA:
- It is a single entry visa required by the foreign students whose duration of residence may exceed 3 months.
- It is only an entry visa into Holland after which the students must register with the Holland government for a residence permit or a D-Visa.
- The MVV visa may take up to few weeks to get processed which makes it a necessity to apply very early (like 3 months). So the second you receive confirmation of an admit from the university of your choice, start the visa process immediately!
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE NETHERLANDS VISA:
- Completed Visa application form.
- Valid passport.
- 2 photographs not older than 3
- Birth certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Official letter from the Institution of study in Holland.
- Complete study plan.
- Financial proof for the entire period of study.
- Travel and health insurance.
- Visa application fee.
- Photocopies of all the original documents.
APPLYING FOR THE MVV VISA:
- An appointment must be scheduled through the official Visa granting website(you can check details on Dutch Consulate website).
- The required documents must be submitted personally at the nearest Dutch Embassy.
- A token number will be issued and the applicant must reach the counter when his number is called to apply for the visa.
- The application fees must be paid and transferred to the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Service) directly. The fees can be paid using credit/debit cards or cash. Checks are not accepted.
- While an interview is not compulsory, if an interview is required, the applicant will be notified when the application is submitted or through a phone call.
- Additional information may be needed for processing the visa depending on the applicant's nationality and purpose of entry in to Holland.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and the visas will not be issued.
- The processed visa may be collected directly from the Embassy or through courier service.
POST MVV PROCESS:
- For study purposes longer than 3 months the foreign students must apply for a residence permit or D-visa within 3 days of arrival at Holland.
- The documents required for this visa include:
- Valid passport.
- Recent photograph.
- The MVV visa.
- Application form which is completed and signed.
- Financial support documents
- Additional documents may be required as per the applicant's purpose of application.
- All these documents must be submitted to the local authorities at the place of stay in Holland.
- The visa may take up to several weeks to be processed.
Time constraint is the major restriction while applying for the study visa. The entry MVV visa can be obtained faster if the respective University applies for it on behalf of the student otherwise it is mandatory to apply in advance in order to allow sufficient processing time for the visa.