>> Student visa
Canadian Student Visa
Around 200,000 students go to Canada (every year) for education (mostly from Asia). Act now to study in Canada during 2017/18
The Student visa allows students to study in Canada either at a primary, secondary, or post-secondary institution, or in a vocational or professional capacity.
You can study for a maximum of 6 months with a visitor's Visa. You do not need a Study Permit (student visa) if you are planning to take a course or program in Canada with a duration of six months or less.
You need to complete application forms and submit it to Canadian Embassy
. All the documents must be either original or photocopies notarized (as defined in the application guidelines).
Documents Needed for Canadian student visa
Here are some of them:
- A valid passport.
- A Letter of acceptance from University/School.
- Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself for your entire stay (tuition fees + living expenses) in Canada.
- A medical clearance (might have different rules for different countries) if required by immigration.
- A letter from your employer or sponsoring organization if you are being sponsored.
- CAN $150 for the application fee.(please check the latest fees)
- Police Certificate to show that you don't have any criminal record.
Following documents are highly recommended
- IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 6.0
- Copy of an Educational Loan from Bank equivalent to at least 80% of tuition + living + travel expenses for one academic year (normally, first year's tuition unless already paid, plus $8000).
Once you complete your education then you may be eligible for applying for work permit (max. duration is three years)